Saturday, February 19, 2011

#41, February 18, late night

I don't remember if I wrote about my frustration with not finding my mini travel vibe before I left for vacation.

I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it. It's small enough that I can almost close my hand around the entire little inconspicuous purse that I keep it in.

Anyway, I couldn't find it anywhere, which was frustrating - and worrying, since I like to keep track of my secret toys. My husband doesn't know anything about them and I'd prefer to have it stay that way.

But then when we got to our destination and I started unpacking - there it was, right among my toilet things, probably left there since I was travelling the last time.

The first time I set out to use it, hidden under a blanket, my family asleep around me... was a huge disappointment: batteries were running low. I had to continue without it.

So the next day, my Quest for Batteries started. I'm in a country where I can't read  the letters and don't speak the language, and my husband and I roamed the stores of this little town together, never leaving each other's sides. And since this mini vibe is so small, it uses those small, flat, round batteries found in some cameras, that are not so easy to find.

Yesterday, nearing the end of this vacation, I finally managed to make up an excuse why I wanted to have a look in a particular store that I know my husband wasn't the least interested in. He told me he'd be going to another store ahead, and as soon as he was gone I showed one of the old batteries to the attendant and asked for three new ones. He didn't have them, but told me he'd get them for me, and left. I was a little nervous waiting, but by the time my husband came back I had three new batteries safely put away in a pocket.

I just used them, and it felt heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment