Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Toys, part 2

Before I had any toys at all, an orgasm was an achievement. It was a challenge. It was hard work. It took tremendous arousal, and often quite some time. I would masturbate, but I would never be sure to climax.

With my new vibrator it was so easy. I just touched it to my clit and daydreamed a little, and boom. Not only was it speedy and foolproof, it was often much more intense as well.

Wonderful, yes... but somehow, I almost felt a little guilty - as if I hadn't earned all that pleasure. It's a bit like that silly talk amongst women who have given birth - a natural birth is just a tad more prestigious than a c-section. Like taking the funicular to the summit, as opposed to climbing. In short: cheating.

Also - the more I used the vibe, the harder it became to get off with fingers only. And, frankly, the harder it became to orgasm from sex with my husband.

I still struggle with my feelings about it a little. Every now and then I'll consider going off the vibe for a while, to perhaps find my way back to the natural climax.

But, I have to admit, the pros outweigh the cons by about 200 to 1.

2 comments:

  1. It's really amazing how things change with climaxes. At least I've noticed real change over the past few years. I don't really understand it, because I don't seem to be doing anything different. I've always used my fingers. But I wonder sometimes whether it's a general over stimulation or maybe I just don't know what I like at times. Sometimes (certainly not at the moment) I struggle to find the right fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The change over the years for me has been tremendous. Perhaps due to having kids, or growing older...? Not in the way that it has gotten more difficult, but just different. Deeper, I think, involving more parts of my body.

    I'm rapidly getting closer to menopause as well, though there are no signs of it yet, and I'm a little afraid of the impact that might have on me. I'm so very hormonal, certain times of the month anything will make me come, other times I'll lose interest completely for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete